Home Muhammad Jamiliya Muhammad, former head of the TT Women’s Football League, has died

Jamiliya Muhammad, former head of the TT Women’s Football League, has died




JAMILYA Muhammad, former general secretary of TT WoLF (Trinidad and Tobago Women’s League Football), died Monday morning after being ill for some time.

According to a post on their Facebook page, the TT Football Association (TTFA) wrote: “Jamilya will be sorely missed, but her warmth, kindness and gentle spirit will be remembered forever. “

TT WoLF, also on its Facebook page, said: “She has worked countless hours and made many contributions to football through TT, and has helped move TT WoLF forward in many ways.”

This news came at a difficult time for the TT WoLF fraternity, as former secretary Claire George died of cancer in March, while former president Susan Joseph-Warrick suffered a stroke in April.

Muhammad, who received a sports management degree from the UWI / FIFA / CIES program, was a member of the TT fire department. She has also been a TTFA volunteer and a member of the Chips Sports and Cultural Club and the Royalty Basketball Academy.

Former TT WoLF President Sharon O’Brien said Monday: “Jamilya was like a sister to me. We played netball together and then got involved in football together. She was secretary general when I was president. It is a great loss for the community, as a sister and a friend.

When asked what memory of Muhammad had marked for her, O’Brien replied, “His strong and unwavering personality. Her desire for excellence, she has always been riding on that. She was a person who, when you see her doing something, she wanted it the best. This is how it always has been.

“When we were in the liming, (she was) fun to be around. She always had a serious face, but that doesn’t say anything about her demeanor.

Joel Warrick, speaking on behalf of his wife Sharon, said: “Jamilya, Ms. Warrick and Claire (George) were the heavyweights in women’s football. Claire would take care of the day-to-day management of the devices, etc. Jamilya and Mrs Warrick would do all the behind-the-scenes stuff with the sponsors, all (business with) the TTFA.

“Mrs. Warrick was in contact with her until about two or three days ago. She looked in a good mood, but regardless of her illness, it was as if the writing was on the wall. She was hanging on.

“We are sorry that she had to leave so early,” he added. “Mrs. Warrick was in tears when I told her that. They were really close.

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here